Fostering Hope was originally founded by the Colarelli Family Foundation. While Fostering Hope today is an independent 501c3, members of the family remain involved by serving on its National Board of Directors, established to protect and preserve its mission and steward its strategic direction. A Colorado Springs-based operating board, composed of business and community leaders, child welfare experts, and others, provides the operational guidance and oversight, fundraising support, and leadership needed to successfully execute on that mission.
The National Board
Nick J. Colarelli Ph.D., President – Nick is semi-retired in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He continues to work with select clients and volunteers his services to community organizations. Nick graduated from … [Read More]
Margaret Colarelli B.A. – Margaret is retired from Colarelli Associates, a consulting firm she co-founded with her husband, Nick. She was the firm’s Administrative Manager, a position she … [Read More]
Gina Colarelli O’Connor Ph.D. – Gina is Associate Professor, Lally School of Management and Technology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She is also the Director of the school’s Radical Innovation Research Project … [Read More]
Patrick O’Connor J.D., C.P.A. – Patrick is the principal of Patrick O’Connor, J.D, C.P.A., a firm offering accounting and tax compliance services, personal financial planning, and legal assistance for individuals … [Read More]
Angela Colarelli Carron M.D. (Angela also serves as Executive Director) – Angela served as a child abuse pediatrician at the Child Protection Center, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin from 1991-2008. As part of a multidisciplinary team, she assessed … [Read More]
David A. Carron M.D. – David is a gastroenterologist and Managing Partner of Milwaukee G.I. Specialists. He is also Medical Director of an ambulatory surgery center in Milwaukee. In an ongoing … [Read More]
Nick J. Colarelli, III M.S. – Nick is an electrical engineer and is Executive Vice President of Hunter Engineering Company in St. Louis, Missouri. Hunter designs and manufactures automotive testing equipment … [Read More]
Karen Colarelli B.A. – Karen is a full-time wife and mother, school volunteer, Girl Scout Leader, transporter, and hockey/baseball/soccer mom. She is an active member of St. Monica Church in St. Louis, Missouri. Karen graduated … [Read More]
Vincent V. Colarelli M.S. – Vince is founder and President of Colarelli Construction, a commercial construction company in Colorado Springs, recently recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 New Companies. He serves … [Read More]
Janet Colarelli M.Ed. – Janet is a school counselor at Mountain Ridge Middle School, an International Baccalaureate school in Colorado Springs, Colorado. She has also worked at the elementary … [Read More]
Katherine Colarelli Beatty Ph.D. – Kate is Director of Global Portfolio Management at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) in Colorado Springs. CCL has ranked #1 in leadership development … [Read More]
Chris Beatty M.S. – Chris is a Senior Product Development Engineer at CEA Technologies. He is involved in developing medical products for medical equipment companies, such as Johnson and Johnson … [Read More]
Dan O’Connor M.S. – Dan is an Engineer at Exelon Nuclear. He manages programs which provide governance and oversight for the operation of nuclear power plants in the midwest and northeast United States. … [Read More]
The Colorado Springs Advisory Board
The Board of Advisors is divided into three committees:
- The Business and Community Committee – Provides leadership with regard to strategy, fundraising, financial performance and business operations.
- The Systems Committee – Ensures effectiveness of program operations and positive relationships with child placement agencies, the Department of Human Services, and the courts.
- The Ministry Committee – Acts as a liaison with the faith communities that provide and strengthen our volunteer teams, and offers prayer and spiritual support for the work we do.
Together, these community leaders provide insight about local laws and culture pertinent to the program.
Business & Community Committee Members
- Mike Callicrate, owner of Ranch Foods Direct
- Mike Carroll, insurance broker at Northwestern Mutual
- Shannon Dunn, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Harrison Hunter, financial advisor at Northwester Mutual
- William Johannsen, President of C&C Sand and Stone
- Kim Levings, Chief Operating Officer at Third River Partners
- LuAnn Long, retired volunteer director and former D-11 School Board President
- Judy McCarty, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Susan Presti, Community Relations Director, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Steve Scott, owner of Signature Homes by Steve Scott
- John Stinar, attorney at Stinar, Zendejas & Gaithe, PLLC
- Dave Twibell, financial planner
Systems Committee Members
- Jill Bradley, manager at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Laura Rago, deputy county attorney at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Gwendolyn White, director at Lutheran Family Services
Ministry Committee – The ministry committee is undergoing re-development for 2019.