Fostering Hope is governed by a National Board of Directors, responsible for the mission and strategic direction, and an operating board, the Colorado Springs Board of Advisors. The Board of Advisors is composed of business and community leaders, child welfare experts, and others who provide leadership, operational guidance and expertise that ensures the organization is well-managed and effective. This includes programmatic insights, as well as fundraising activities and civic involvement.
The Board of Advisors is divided into three committees:
- The Business and Community Committee – Provides leadership with regard to strategy, fundraising, financial performance and business operations.
- The Systems Committee – Ensures effectiveness of program operations and positive relationships with child placement agencies, the Department of Human Services, and the courts.
- The Ministry Committee – Acts as a liaison with the faith communities that provide and strengthen our volunteer teams, and offers prayer and spiritual support for the work we do.
Together, these community leaders provide insight about local laws and culture pertinent to the program.
Business & Community Committee Members
- Mike Callicrate, owner of Ranch Foods Direct
- Mike Carroll, insurance broker at Northwestern Mutual
- Shannon Dunn, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Harrison Hunter, financial advisor at Northwester Mutual
- William Johannsen, President of C&C Sand and Stone
- Kim Levings, Chief Operating Officer at Third River Partners
- LuAnn Long, retired volunteer director and former D-11 School Board President
- Judy McCarty, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Susan Presti, Community Relations Director, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Steve Scott, owner of Signature Homes by Steve Scott
- John Stinar, attorney at Stinar, Zendejas & Gaithe, PLLC
- Dave Twibell, financial planner
Systems Committee Members
- Jill Bradley, manager at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Laura Rago, deputy county attorney at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Gwendolyn White, director at Lutheran Family Services
Ministry Committee – The ministry committee is undergoing re-development for 2019.