Fostering Hope is governed by a National Board of Directors and a Colorado Springs Board of Advisors. The Board of Advisors is composed of business and community leaders, child welfare experts, ministers and others who provide leadership, operational guidance and expertise that ensures the organization is well-managed and effective. This includes programmatic insights, as well as fundraising activities and civic involvement.
The Board of Advisors is divided into three committees:
- The Business and Community Committee – Provides leadership with regard to strategy, fundraising, financial performance and business operations.
- The Systems Committee – Ensures effectiveness of program operations and positive relationships with child placement agencies, the Department of Human Services, and the courts.
- The Ministry Committee – Acts as a liaison with the faith communities that provide and strengthen our volunteer teams, and offers prayer and spiritual support for the work we do.
Together, these community leaders provide insight about local laws and culture pertinent to the program.
Business & Community Committee Members
- Mike Callicrate, owner of Ranch Foods Direct
- Mike Carroll, insurance broker at Northwestern Mutual
- John Stinar, attorney at Stinar, Zendejas & Gaithe, PLLC
- Dave Twibel,
- Susan Presti, Community Relations Director, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Shannon Dunn, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Judy McCarty, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Ann O’Brien, communications consultant
- William Johannsen, President of C&C Sand and Stone
- Steve Scott, owner of Signature Homes by Steve Scott
Systems Committee Members
- Gwendolyn White, director at Lutheran Family Services
- Jill Bradley, manager at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Laura Rago, deputy county attorney at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Carrie Hobaugh, manager at El Paso County Department of Human Services
Ministry Committee Members
- Fr. Larry Solan, of St. Patrick
- Pastor Doug Anderson, of Restoring Hope Church
- Fr. Peter Floyd
- Joanie Walsh
In addition to the above, Executive Director and national Board Director, Angela Carron, serves as ex-officio member.